Banana peel is a rich source of antioxidant properties. It contains fibre and essential nutrients which can benefit your skin in many ways.
Are you tired of treating your sagging skin with those chemical-laden products? Fret not, you’ve landed at the right place!
One of the most easily available kitchen ingredients in India that work wonders for your skin is banana. You might have also noticed that in Indian households, this miraculous fruit is not only eaten or cooked but its leaves are also used as crockery. So, why not use its peel for achieving that beautiful and wrinkle-free skin? Yes, you heard it right!
Just like the fruit, banana peel or skin is packed with many properties which can prove beneficial for your skin’s health.
We turned to our Beauty expert Shahnaz Husain, she says, “Both banana peel and cornstarch have many beauty benefits. Banana, one of the most popular fruits, is one of the richest sources of potassium and also contains Vitamin C and B6.”
She further adds, “Cornstarch also has benefits for the skin, as it contains protein and helps to delay the visible signs of ageing. It helps to strengthen collagen, the supportive tissues of the skin. It also contains amino acids, minerals, and Vitamin A. Cornstarch helps to absorb oil from the skin and reduces oiliness, preventing pimples and acne. In fact, it is good for acne-prone skin.”
So, are you ready to make the most of your weekend with this amazing banana peel and cornstarch face mask? Read on then!
How To Make DIY Banana Peel Face Mask?
- Peel of 1 Banana
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of rice
- 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of powdered milk
The Goodness Of These Ingredients
Before we get on with the method, let’s look at the reasons why you can depend on the above-mentioned ingredients for your next beauty session.
- Banana Peel is rich in antioxidants, fibre, fatty acids, and various minerals such as iron, potassium, and zinc which can help brighten your skin and reduce wrinkles. It can also help in fighting the problem of skin inflammation and can even act as a moisturizer, thereby, hydrating your skin.
- Cornstarch can work wonders, especially for people with acne-prone skin, as it absorbs excess oil from the skin pores, and helps in removing impurities from the pores, leaving you with flawless skin. It can also tighten your sagging skin.
- Further, rice works on the signs of ageing as it is extremely rich in antioxidants. It also tightens your skin pores and tones your skin while giving it a matte effect.
- Lemon juice, on the other hand, can help in decreasing inflammation and sebum (oil) that may add to the formation of acne. It can also work well on lightening age spots or acne scars and unifies skin tone.
- Milk powder works as a natural cleanser that cleanses the skin cells by removing dirt and oil while also acting as a natural bleaching agent that lightens the skin complexion. It can further help in reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles as it boosts collagen production.
How To Prepare The DIY Face Mask?
- First, take a banana and peel it.
- Then, take the banana peel and cut it into small pieces.
- Take a pan and add a cup of water.
- Add the pieces of banana peel to the pan.
- After that, add a tablespoon of rice to the pan.
- Let the ingredients boil for about 10-12 minutes.
- Once the ingredients have boiled, switch off the flame and keep the pan aside.
- After the ingredients have slightly cooled down, then, add them to your electric mixer-grinder.
- Grind both the ingredients well until you get a smooth mixture.
- Next, using a strainer, strain the mixture into a bowl. By following this step, you can easily remove the remaining chunks of ingredients that have not been ground.
- In the bowl, add a tablespoon of cornstarch.
- Then, add half a tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Add one teaspoon of powdered milk.
- Combine the ingredients well and pour the mixture into a jar.
- Now, you can apply the face mask immediately or you can use it at your convenience by storing it in the refrigerator for a maximum of 7 days.
How To Apply The Face Mask?
- Apply the prepared mixture with a brush on your face and neck.
- You can apply this on any other body part as well for skin brightening or for reducing the appearance of skin pigmentation.
- Leave the face mask on your skin for at least 30 minutes.
- Then, rinse your face and neck with lukewarm water followed by cold water to close off your skin pores.
- Pat dry and apply your favourite moisturizer.
- For best results, apply this face mask thrice a week.